The MSc Advanced Clinical Practitioner (ACP) apprenticeship programme will develop and equip healthcare professionals with the key skills, knowledge and behaviours needed to independently manage defined episodes of clinical care whilst demonstrating expertise within their scope of practice. It is linked to the four pillars of ACP (clinical, education, leadership and research) and aims to enhance service delivery and improve patient health outcomes.
Completion of 180 credits at Level 7 (final 20 credits contains the End Point Assessment (EPA).
- Advanced Assessment and Clinical Reasoning (Work Based Learning) (40 credits)
- Diagnostic Reasoning for Practice (20 credits)
- Educating and Influencing Others in Health Care (20 credits)
- Independent and Supplementary Prescribing (40 credits) (prescribing route)
- Leading People in Health and Social Care Organisations (20 credits)
- Contemporary Communities of Practice (20 credits) (non-prescribing route)
- Advanced Professional Project (40 credits)
- Preparation for EPA (20 credits)
36 months with End Point Assessment (EPA) afterwards.
Assessment strategies in this programme are varied, offering students the opportunity through critical reflection to review learning, development and practice in relation to ACP and achievement of the relevant apprenticeship standards aimed at preparing the student for the EPA.
The programme utilises the multi-professional active-blended learning and teaching approach that currently exists on our established MSc Advanced Clinical Practitioner programme. Each module requires part-time university attendance and supports attainment of the 20% off-the-job training requirement.
- Sponsored by an employer
- Maths and English at Level 2
- An appropriate healthcare or bachelor’s degree with honours
- Students must be employed within a relevant health and social care related environment
- UK registered healthcare professional with a minimum three years of post-registration experience.
Each application is considered on its own merit. Mature student application is strongly encouraged.
The University of Northampton takes gold...
We have also been given the Gold Award in the Government's Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) – the highest rating possible which places us among the elite of the UK's higher education institutions.