The information below is aimed at employers and apprentices for whom the University of Northampton is their apprenticeship provider.
- Employers with existing apprentices at the University of Northampton
If you have not already done so, please provide your details by clicking on the Employer Details Form. This information is needed for the apprenticeship programme on which employers have enrolled their staff and should be completed prior to the apprenticeship course start date.
- Existing apprentices at the University of Northampton
If you have not already done so, please complete the Apprentice Students Additional Information Form. This information is required from all apprentices as part of their apprenticeship programme and should be completed prior to enrolment
Useful information and FAQs
- What is the University of Northampton’s UK Provider Reference Number (UKPRN)?
Our UKPRN is 10007138
- What is the Apprenticeship Service?
The Apprenticeship Service is where employers register their organisation and set up an apprenticeship service account to access and manage funds to pay for apprenticeship training. It is also where employers manage all their apprentice details.
- How do I register with the Apprenticeship Service as an employer?
To register and set up your account, please visit the Apprenticeship Service.
Once you have registered, you will need to:
- Add the PAYE scheme/s that the apprentices will be paid through.
- Add the employer organisations that will contract with the University of Northampton, the training provider.
- Sign agreements for your organisation so that you can access levy funds.
- Add apprentices to your account.
- How do I create a new cohort on the Apprentice Service?
When you have registered on the Apprentice Service, you will then need to create a cohort to add the details of your apprentice(s) on each course. Please go to the Login on the Apprenticeship Service and follow the instructions.
Please Note: When you get to the section entitled, ‘Add an apprentice’, you will be asked to ‘Add training provider details’ and will need a UK Provider Reference Number (UKPRN) for the training organisation. Our UKPRN is 10007138 (The University of Northampton).
You will also be asked if you would like to add apprentice information yourself or would like us (the training provider) to add this information. We collect this information from apprentices at registration and are very happy to do this part on your behalf. This allows us to handle the administration whilst you retain control of the information and will approve and authorise all details and payments.
Once complete, you will be prompted to send a message to us. Please include the apprentice names and course in the message. Once we have entered all the apprentice details, we will send the information back to you for checking and approval.
- What is the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA)?
The ESFA is accountable for funding education and skills for children, young people and adults. Follow the link to find out more.
- Where can I find information about Apprenticeship Funding?
If you have any questions or would like to find out more about any of our apprenticeships, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or need any further information regarding Apprentice Student Data, including data returns and using the Apprenticeship Service, please contact us at ILR@northampton.ac.uk.